18th March 2021
I thought we ought to examine the (relatively) recent tweets. Why not? I’m bored of looking at Cressida Dick’s post I’m building, and I’m flagging. This is easier for now.
Comments on following link; I clicked on the tweet to get at people’s comments:
1. There is a picture in the link, second photo (bottom right). I thought it said something rude at first. Then I zoomed in. I see it says thank you, so that’s nice. Not sure who is taking the photo – is it Joe? Is the photo merely staged? Let’s move on.
2. ‘I’m so happy he went to Chester’. @FL_mocha_mom Mar 16
Does she live in Chester? Perhaps she is glad he went to Chester rather than where she lives as she’s seen images of him and young girls at conventions. Who knows?
3. The White House Tonight, the White House was illuminated green to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and the rich bond between the United States and Ireland.
I think they meant the ‘bond of the rich’ where the rich fund various activities in Ireland (like the IRA – so they say).
Green is symbol of environment. And feeling sick. Just saying.
4. Today, Ireland Prime Minister Micheál Martin presented a bowl of shamrocks to President Biden
I gather Joe thought shamrocks were artificial diamonds, although he struggled to express his words of gratitude and said something like ‘Shimfcks’.
I wondered if the White House was currently green as you usually grow plants in a greenhouse. It would save the risk of transmitting Covid 19 from Ireland to the states if they had been grown in the now Greenhouse. Perhaps it’s a secret virus bomb? Do you think someone had better warn Joe? Just a thought.
5. Vice President Kamala Harris – Vice President of the United States. Wife to the first @SecondGentleman
It’s such an honor to have a sculpture of Frederick Douglass in my office. His words and wisdom inspire me every day: “The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful and virtuous.”
I assume he was only referring to the nation, not its leaders, so Kamala wouldn’t have to bother about that sort of thing.
However, I’m confused. If she is Vice President does she have two husbands or one? Mmm, I suppose Joe’s wife is First Lady, so Kamal’s husband is Second Gentlemen?
Yes, but it’s Lord and Lady, and Gentleman and Gentlewoman. So he should be second Lord , maybe.
And who was the first, FirstGentleman? Anybody help me on this?
6. President Biden @POTUS
As a descendant of the Blewitts from Mayo County and the Finnegans from County Louth, I’m wishing everyone a happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Now I know the Irish like a good joke, so perhaps that’s why they like Joe being in the White House.
He seems a little slurred in the video. I assume he has had little tipple. Or another stroke.
Or perhaps he blewitt (sic).
His smile seems crooked, but I guess his teeth are straight. About the only thing that is. Well ok, his tie also.
7. To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and to reaffirm our nation’s close partnership with Ireland, I hosted a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Micheál Martin. We’re committed to working together to combat COVID-19, address global challenges, and increase our shared prosperity.
Bilateral meeting? I see two individuals. Where are the other members of the two groups. Hiding in case of Covid 19 infection? Or is it a case of Lesbe’aving a Gayabandon Bilateral TransAtlantic meeting? Abreviated to LGBT of course.
8. Bo Erickson CBS @BoKnowsNews Mar 17 Sweet moment at @FLOTUS event:
4th grader started to cry (happy tears) while introducing Dr. Biden. “I really wanted to meet you. I adore you because you embrace change from my generation and the ones to come. I look up to you.”
Cute. I am glad they explain it was happy tears, as I had my doubts. Not sure who Dr Biden is. Understand Joe Biden’s wife is not medical doctor but has a EdD, a lesser award than PhD.
And should NOT be called Dr Biden.
Unless of course she helped ‘doctor’ the presidential election results, in which case that is ok.
No one should have to lay awake wondering if they will have a roof over their head the next day. The American Rescue Plan provides emergency assistance for rent, mortgage, and utility payments. Help is here to keep Americans in their homes.
And stop them interfering with us destroying America.
Well, that will do for now.
Goodnight from the UK.